Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Plans vs Reality

 


I had nothing on the calendar for this week.  Nothing.  Except...to weave.  But. 

And aye, there's the rub.  Life happens.

First my body objected.  For some 'silly' reason.  And last night I could not get to sleep until...dark o'clock.  With an obligation to go help pack up the guild's pop up sale this morning.

And then my body objected.   Again.  And I don't feel great.  But I'd promised to go help.  So I went.  But I was grumpy and not much fun to be around, so as soon as I could I left.  Feeling...bad that I hadn't been more pleasant, or on time, or able to do more.

But that's the thing with bodies.  If you don't make time to rest, your body will take rest when it has reached its limit, no matter what is on your calendar.

Then, because everyone else was busy with the aforementioned tear down, and re-set up (back in the guild room), someone had to attend an AGM.  And because I could register and attend remotely, guess what I'll be doing in about 55 minutes?

I'd better get some knitting to do during the meeting or I'm really going to be a very unhappy camper.

OTOH, I did finish off the warp that was on the loom, the next warp is crunched (I did that over the weekend), and the tubes are still on the bobbin rack so that can go onto the beam just as soon as I finish pressing the towels I wet finished yesterday.  Sitting pressing seems like a really good idea today, while my body pouts.  After the AGM.

However, the combination of unmercerized cotton warp and mercerized cotton weft felt really good coming out of the dryer, so there is that.

I've been ignoring the hemming pile for weeks but Dec. 2 we have people coming in to install a new tub surround, so I'm going to head up to the guild room for the day with my bin of hemming and ipad.  I'll sit and listen to my music while I stitch.  The guild room has really good light and I'll likely be alone.  Which is fine.  I don't mind being by myself.  If anyone joins me, the room air filter runs and the windows open.  

But given my mood today - I'm probably better off by myself for a while.

1 comment:

Juli S said...

what a great example you are to us "younger" folks about listening to our bodies. Thank you for your wisdom on this. In this age of productivity as god, it is a good reminder.