Wednesday, November 9, 2022

After the Zoom

 


Last evening I did a Zoom presentation for a guild in Ontario.  This morning I need to put my things away, get the laptop set up with the loom again, and ponder what I do going forward.

The big local craft fair was successful, but we still have sales events to do including a 'pop up' at the Studio gift shop, plus several weekends in the guild room itself.

But things are calming down - for me - and giving me time to think instead of scramble to get ready for the next deadline.

The SOS team is doing the post production on last week's lecture, and the two classes are in the post production queue.  As they become ready I will have to provide more documentation for those as well as the lecture, some of which I sent yesterday.  

I'm anxious to get the local four day weaving workshop sorted out but need to wait until my local team has the time to deal with that (see comments about sales events above!)

I've begun weaving the 2/20 mercerized cotton and so far am fairly pleased.  I finished off one shade of beige, decided to adjust the tie up removing some plain weave, and will begin weaving that this morning.  You can just see the bin (one of the bins) of 2/20 mercerized cotton to the lower left of the photo.  It's close to the bobbin winder so I can easily grab tubes and wind bobbins.  What you can't see, tucked away behind the loom, is the stack of towels and a table runner waiting for the rest of the warp to come off the loom and get wet finished all at once.  One 'big' load instead of three small ones.  I'm trying to be more economical in terms of my electrical use.

But the first order of the day will be to put away my teaching aids, get my stool and laptop back to the loom, and weave the next towel.

If anyone is interested in a Zoom presentation - one hour (ish) program or two hour(ish) lecture, my topics are on my website.  Right now I only have one guild booked and my calendar is pretty open.

No comments: