Friday, April 19, 2024

Nearly Done!

 



Selling sets, only, of these two titles

There are two more copies of Allen Fannin's book Handloom Weaving Technology.  I'm just waiting for a few days to see if the one copy sells or if I look elsewhere to sell those.

There are a few more gems in the last batch of books I've just uploaded, so I hope they can find new homes.

eBay automatically re-lists any titles that do not sell, so I will likely leave those up for one more round.  Whatever doesn't sell, I'll have to try somewhere else.  

I either have most of the books Allison had, or already sold mine as books that I wasn't really using and ought to be in someone else's hands.  Some are art books and valuable for inspiration, and/or history.

It has been nostalgic going through Allison's books, remembering when some of them first came out.  Some of the authors were people I took workshops or classes from (including Mary Andrews and Allen Fannin).  I learned lessons from each person and worked on fitting those lessons into my life.  So finding new homes for some of these books has been a very personal journey.

When those people pass on, they can continue to teach through the medium of their books.  We do, truly, stand on the shoulders of giants.

If you - or anyone you know - are interested, you can follow me on eBay and see all of the guild books listed as soon as eBay finishes getting them uploaded in about 4 or 5 hours (it seems to take about that long before they appear.)

No comments: