Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Light in the Tunnel

 


There are some 'treasures' in amongst Allison's books.  Like this little handbook.  While I am not really a spinner, even *I* know about Mabel Ross and the contributions she made to the world of hand spinning.  This little coil back book is in good condition and if I were so inclined to take spinning seriously, I'd likely buy this one for myself.


Likewise, if I were still dyeing, I'd probably buy this one for myself, as well.  I seem to recall that dyers consider this book very useful.  This copy is really in 'like new' condition, although I've been 'conservative' in grading Allison's books for condition.  I'd rather people be pleasantly pleased, not disappointed.

Allison took good care of her books and most are in good to very good condition.  Some she's obviously used more than others and they show typical wear and tear of books from the 1980s and 90s.

The list of books is close enough to 'done' that I think I will power through all of the rest tomorrow and get them all onto eBay.

That will give me a couple of days before the auctions begin to close and I have to deal with what happens next.

There are two listings I have saved to the 'last' - Mary Andrews' 3 binder book on Weaving Fundamentals, and a complete set of Robert Leclerc's edited version of Zielinski's Master Weaver booklets.  Those will be listed as 'lots'.  

It seems to be taking eBay 4-5 hours to process the listings, so as usual, you can follow me or check later this afternoon to see the latest listings...

1 comment:

Jane McLellan said...

Good thing I’m not in a position to buy them, I’d take them both!