Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Gift



Who else but another weaver to appreciate a handwoven gift?  Got these mug rugs and bookmark (because Sheila knows I still read 'paper' books!) which will go into service immediately.  The mug rugs are a nice generous size and delightful motifs.  Thanks Sheila - the mug rugs will actually be going with me on my trip as examples of multi-shaft Summer and Winter!  :D  (And your gifts will be late this year - sorry!)


This morning I finished getting the last of the workshop materials ready.  I forgot the demo warp for Memphis in their box and since Chattanooga is before Memphis I will add it to this box so I can pick it up en route.

Working on Christmas Day you say?  I say, why not!?  Being able to weave and teach about weaving is the greatest gift I have received - the gift of life.  For all it's ups and downs, life is the most precious thing we have and since my work is my joy, why not work on Christmas?

Sending my best wishes for a joyful life - this week and the coming year.

2 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

Merry Christmas, Laura!

May 2013 bring you joy, peace, and health.

Peg

Martha said...

A Merry Christmas, and all the best in 2013! Thank you for all that you share in your blog. I am grateful for all that I can learn about weaving...