Friday, December 17, 2021

Winter Arrives

 



It turned cold overnight.  Not that we hadn't been warned.  And it IS December 17, after all.  It should not have come as a surprise to people that the thermometer dropped.  

It is supposed to stay cold for a while and when it warms up, snow some more.

Since the snowpack in the mountains is far too little, I really can't work up the energy to complain.  Doug is healthy enough he can still do the snow removal and what with covid and all, I'm not exactly going very far anyway.  In fact this week I haven't even poked my nose out the door.

It is now less than one week to the solstice and the long winter nights and short days will soon pivot and begin going the other way.

In the meantime, progress continues on the things I am working on.  The written documentation of the class project is in final edits.  I just read through the galley proofs (if you even call them that these days) and sent in my edits.

Last night I poked around in Fiberworks and came up with the threading for the next scarf warp, which got beamed yesterday.  Today I hope to get it threaded.  360 ends isn't all that much and should only take a little over an hour.  

But I am also going out to meet a friend and see her new home.  We'll be wearing masks, of course.  Just in case.

I've also made some progress on the Sunday Seminars and Birthe has begun updating the guild website.  And today volunteers are setting up the guild pop up sale at the art centre.  It will be our final push to try and sell some of our guild members work.  Yes, including mine.  Because I keep making more in an effort to weave down my yarn stash.

The classes with SOS (School of Sweet Georgia) continue in their post production journey.  And the holiday coupon HOLIDAY21 is in effect on their website for 15% off a 3 month or 12 month membership if used by Dec. 31.  Not only will I have two classes launch in the new year, we are working on further content, so if you want to learn from me, you can save some money.  :)

It's beginning to look a lot like the solstice.  I am looking forward to the returning of the sun.

No comments: