Sunday, March 27, 2022

Flawed

 


Once seen, cannot be unseen.

But on a scale of 1 to 10, how 'bad' is this mistake, this 'flaw'?  It isn't going to impede the function of the towel in any way.  And if you stand back far enough it pretty much fades into invisibility.

It's the kind of threading error that tends to hide until for some reason you notice it.  And then it's all you can see.  It's also the kind of error that requires re-threading from where it happened all the way through to the selvedge.

So I chewed on my lip for oh, about 30 seconds, decided I didn't have the spoons and left it.  

I would highlight it, but it's more fun to just leave it and see if your eye is trained well enough you can pick it out.

Mine is, dagnabbit...

2 comments:

Jane Eisenstein said...

Could you duplicate it in a symmetric way and consider it a design element? Love the waffle weave portions.

Laura Fry said...

Perhaps, if I hadn't already woven 2/3s of the warp and the several hours it would take to correct the error, or adjust to compensate.

The towels will be used as gifts. Most people will never notice it, or mind if they do. I just don't feel 'right' trying to sell them.