Thursday, March 31, 2022

Detour

 


After re-calculating, weighing a tube, figuring out how much yarn was left, I found myself disinclined to play yarn chicken.  So I thought about maybe setting up the Fanny to weave on it while I waited for the yarn order to arrive.  But I really didn't want to do that, I really wanted to keep going with my 2/16 yarn stash reduction program.  I'm soooo close to being done with it, I can taste it!

As I procrastinated about beginning anything, it suddenly occurred to me that I could still beam another warp, just make it shorter!  Duh!

So I re-calculated, figured I had plenty to made a warp that should yield 14 towels instead of 21, and set up to beam another warp.

When I checked my email next, I got a message from Brassard - they shipped my yarn and it should arrive on April 8.  Since I'm away much of next week, it works out perfectly.

In the end I not only got the shorter warp beamed, I even managed to begin threading.  

Amazing what you can do when you break out of the 'box' of current thinking and look at what else you can do.  

This threading will give the design Snail's Trails and Cat's Paws, but it also gives this design.  The difference is treadling 'roses' or 'stars'.  Roses fashion will do Snail's Trails, but stars will produce this.  

I have a bunch of dark red 2/16 yarn to use up and this design kind of reminds me of Xmas ornaments, so I will use the red and the stars treadling.  And one more colour should get used up on this warp.

Onwards!

No comments: