Saturday, March 5, 2022

Spring?

 


As the world turns and continues it's trip around the sun, we are seeing signs of spring beginning to appear.

With treatment of shingles also ongoing, I am up around 8-8:30 or so and the sun is currently rising around 7 am and beginning to shine through the fan light in the front door.  Soon it will be rising so early I won't see this sight again until autumn and the return of the sun to the south.

I read a tweet thread this morning, a fictional book editor complaining about the plot for a submitted novel which dealt with the events of 2022.  "Too many plotlines" the editor pointed out.  "Readers won't be able to follow the story!"

We are all completely overwhelmed right now.  It is easy to get lost in the plotlines.  To feel confused, powerless, frightened, with all that is happening, right now.  And it's only the first week of March.

But spring is coming.  The world continues to turn.  The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.  

For now, life for me continues.  I am slowly getting back into some kind of schedule that is keeping me going while I continue to deal with shingles, eye drops, tablets, isolating to try to avoid catching another virus - especially covid.

I keep weaving down my stash, making more tea towels.  Waiting for these 'interesting' times to be resolved, one way or another.  Of trying to reach out and teach, even if only on line.

But I also try not to forget that I have the privilege of being able to do these things.  And that the sun *will* come up tomorrow.  

And that spring *will* arrive.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Daylight savings time will push sunrise back an hour in a couple of weeks here, so as a very early riser, just as the sun starts coming up not long after I get up, it will again be dark for some time in the morning. Just wish we could pick one and stick with it. My vote would be for sticking with standard time, since it the winter, it would be dark for so long every morning.

Juli S said...

After the long, dark, cold winter, just the occasional glimpse of spring lifts my heart and spirits. Here's hoping that spring also brings an easing of your shingles, and your life returns to whatever normal now means!