Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Mysteries

 



So I've been having an issue with Zoom recently and I'm not sure how or why.  When I screen share to show my Power Point presentation, I can't get the proper 'slide show' view to share from my laptop.

Today a friend logged onto Zoom with me and we rummaged around trying to figure out how to make it work, and eventually found a half-arsed way of doing it, but no matter the buttons I pushed, or in what order, every time I would tell Power Point to change from the editing format to a 'proper' slide show, the screen would stop sharing.

If I got back into the edit format, I could then show the slides, but with the screen much reduced in size because the toolbars were also showing on the screen.  Because of course they were.

This is very annoying.  People viewing the class on a small screen see an even smaller screen, making it hard to view what I'm trying to show them.  

One solution is to have a different computer run the slide show, but that means I can't point to certain features in the slide and I can't control the advancement or the back tracking if I want to go to a previous slide.

My next step is to log onto Zoom's website and check through all the options to see if something got toggled or switched off.

It's been a frustrating day in many ways, not helped with the clouds of dust in the air triggering my allergies resulting in a low grade headache and just general level of irritation with Everything.

Oh well.  The next warp is ready to weave.  I've wound bobbins.  Selected weft colours - and changed my mind several times.  The treadling is designed and I'm pleased enough with what I have planned.

And the sun shone nearly all day, which was also welcome.  But now it's time to begin dinner, so I'll leave weaving until tomorrow.  And hope I didn't make any threading/treadling errors.


No comments: