Saturday, December 2, 2023

Holiday Season

 


After Black Friday...

In NA the time for holiday purchases now ramps up.  Since we bought ourselves a new HVAC system this year, that will be our 'holiday' gift giving to each other for, oh, years...

As someone who largely made the majority of her income from producing things, I have mixed feelings about the buying splurge NAans are encouraged to go on, this time of the year.

So I would ask that when people are buying stuff, they look at small producers, rather than large corporations.  Boards of gigantic corporations really don't need more profits to buy another yacht or private jet (some people simply do not know what 'enough' actually means) but a small producer will be able to keep the lights on, a roof over their heads and - if you like what they make - keep making that stuff.

Like an author?  Buy their book.  Like a potter?  Buy a mug.  Like a weaver?  (ahem...)

There are two more signed copies of Stories from the Matrix in my ko-fi shop.  There are over a dozen different tea towel designs (and more in the pipeline).  There will be another 'book' in the new year.  Maybe.  Still working on that.  Blurb will continue to provide my three books currently listed there, available in both print and pdf formats.

However, in future, I may pivot to only pdf presentations and offer them on ko-fi.  Do I even have another book in me?  (After the current one launches - or not.)  Time will tell.  

In the past I've written long form 'essays' on various aspects of weaving, now sadly lost it would appear, in the conversion from CD to thumb drive.  If I can find the original CDs, I can see about getting the files transferred to a thumb drive, then investigate offering them as stand alone 'articles'.  Generally those documents were 'too long' for a magazine article, 'too short' for a 'book'.  But still, I put a lot of time and effort into writing them.  And some people did tell me that I made the information clear enough they could understand the concepts.  Always music to a writer's ears.

Today is the first day of the guild room sale.  If you aren't local (because I know most of you aren't) I still have a lot of towels listed in my ko-fi shop.  Just saying.


No comments: