Monday, December 25, 2023

Old Year, New Year

 




And now the sunlight hours increase (in the northern hemisphere).

As we march forward into a new year, it is time to think.  We have a few days with few obligations, time off work (if you work), time with family and friends (if you are able to do that), but generally we have a few days for reflection.

Gratitude is always high on my list when I find myself thinking.

Goals.  This is a time when I pause and reflect and think about what I want to do, what I can do, and what I need to do.

I 'need' to take care of a few things that I have been procrastinating over, but cannot do during the holidays.  So those will wait for the new year.  

Otherwise, goals remain the same.  Weave down my stash.  Keep learning.  Keep exploring.

Gratitude.  Remember to thank people who have been helpful and supportive.  I have one more person I want to give a gift to - just trying to think what I would like that gift to be.

Gratitude, for the people who have been encouraging, who have been kind.  Who have let me know they appreciate this blog and my efforts to share my knowledge.  There are times when I feel like I am posting into a vacuum, and feedback lets me know that I am reaching some people.

Keep working on regaining strength and mobility.  It's been such an awful roller coaster ride the past few years and adjusting to the new reality of what my body can - or wants - to do has been, well, challenging, let's use that word.

I appreciate others who are open and honest about their own challenges.  They give me strength to renew my determination to keep going.  

Now that I'm feeling 'better' (for certain values of) I am more aware of what a mess my house is.  I am hoping that the injection on Jan. 10 and the new pain meds will give me the spoons to start to clean up some of the clutter.  It's all part of the stash reduction effort, just on a personal level instead of just the studio.  Because for the past few years all the spoons I had were spent on weaving.

I would like to grow old gracefully, but I suspect that it will be somewhat less graceful and more, um, 'warped'.  At least, I hope so...



1 comment:

Leigh said...

Well, I appreciate your blog, although I don't comment often. But I know how important feedback is to us bloggers. I hope the new meds work and that life continues to look up for you. You are an inspiration.