Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Down Day

Having a 'down' day today. It is a nice interlude between JCC and the upcoming workshop. We will have 3 days in Sarasota for Magic in the Water, so it will not be quite as pressured as when we only have two days to weave the samples and wet finish them.

The weather here continues chilly and it rained a bit yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I'm not anticipating any weather delays as I fly back to Atlanta to catch a flight to Sarasota. I feel like I've seen an awful lot of the Atlanta airport recently. :^)

I've read a number of books, names/authors escape me at this point. I bring 'light' reading on trips so I can shed them a I finish them. Paperbacks that are generally cozy mysteries.

Yesterday I saw that my pile of books was diminishing and picked up a hardback that was on sale. Turns out it is actually a children's book (or at least it's classified as such). But I found the writing compelling. Neal Shusterman has written a number of books and if you have a young person in your life who enjoys reading they may like this author.

The book I'm reading is Duckling Ugly.

1 comment:

Laura Fry said...

ps - there is some weaving in this book, too....