Sunday, February 7, 2021

Another Week

 



Sunday has become the 'standard' for a new week - Sunday through Saturday.  We are so used to this that one time I bought a pocket planner that had Monday as the first day in the calendar layout and it caused me so much confusion I replaced it with my usual 'norm'.

The hours seem to creep by, and yet here we are at another Sunday.  Where did that last week go?  I barely left the house - on Thursday (to deal with personal maintenance issues) - and yet so many of the things that I wanted, needed, to do...are still undone.

This morning, scrolling through Twitter, I was reminded that the entire population of the world is dealing with a flood of stress hormones.  These hormones interfere with brain function.  So no, it's not just me.

In a few minutes I have to go to the studio and get set up for another Sunday Seminar and then the afternoon will be spent getting the video uploaded to You Tube.  I have some minor tasks that I can be doing while that happens.  Mostly it's sitting around waiting for the progress bar to creep across the screen.  I'm getting better at walking away and leaving the laptop do it's thing.

But I also have several things on my to-be-done list that really need to be put on the 'done' list.  So this week I will be focusing on that.  Deadlines loom.

Beginning this week I am going to be in the throes of Zoom meetings.  Every Sunday for the next few months I am involved with Zoom, either hosting or attending.  Plus one Saturday a month.

I appreciate the chance to stay in touch with folk, even if it is at long distance.  I appreciate the opportunity distance learning provides so that I can continue to learn from others.  I appreciate the chance to reach out to others who also want to learn.

The pandemic continues.  But so do we.

Sending best wishes for the coming week, and a nod to whomever made February the shortest month.

No comments: