Sunday, February 28, 2021

February

 


Today is the last day of the longest shortest month of the year.

So far this winter we have not had much in the way of snow, which is not good.  The snow pack in the mountains is low which could lead to drought this summer.  With drought comes wildfires.  There is snow in the forecast for tomorrow but after that?  It seems to be rain for the most part.

Doug will go out soon and move the snow off the driveway and sidewalks.

This weekend I have 3 Zooms.  Yesterday I did a 3 hour (plus) presentation for a guild.  Today is more casual and I'm not leading it, just hosting it.  I have a scarf I'm about halfway through knitting so I think I'll focus on that.  See if I can get it close enough to 'done' to cast off.  If not, at least I will be that much closer.  

Then tomorrow a one hour presentation for another guild.  So I have left my Zoom set up in place, which means I may not weave today, either.  

The 'best' place for me to do Zoom is in my studio, using the laptop that runs the Megado.  I have to clear enough space to have room to sit and have any books or whatever at hand to share.  That means moving my weaving stuff out of the way.  It's not ideal, but I have finally figured out the best way to light the area so again, I'm not going to move the lights back to where they belong until after the meeting tomorrow.

Next Sunday will be the next Sunday Seminar, this one with Deborah Chandler talking about textiles in Guatemala.  People can still register if they want.  Generally registrations close at Friday midnight before the seminar.

It is also tax season here.  I'm waiting on a couple more forms before I can take my papers to the accountant.  We talked about what a nightmare tax season is right now.  But she was ever helpful with a couple of questions I had, which I appreciate.  So I will try to remember to bring a couple of tea towels for each of them when I go in.  Why not?  I have plenty!

I am reading If I Knew Then by Jann Arden.  Thoughts on becoming a crone, aging - gracefully or disgracefully, as one prefers.  While I am 20 years older than she is and have been a crone for a while, it is only lately I feel that I have grown into that role.  If I can't be a good example, I'll be a bad one.  You get to choose which.

My thoughts this morning are all over the place.  I am once again dealing with a sinus headache.  I take a medication that is keeping me alive but one of the adverse effects is sinusitis.  Yay.  On top of my environmental allergies, I wind up with sinus issues pretty much year round, some months worse than others.  But never mind, I'm still here, still talking about weaving.

During the break in the Zoom yesterday, the group apparently were already full up but I had another hour plus to go.  I assured them I understood, and that was the reason I was recording the presentations - so they could review them later as the information they had absorbed got absorbed into their foundation of knowledge, making room for more.  And yes, I could have talked about the things I was discussing a lot longer.  A number of things I'd intended to present didn't, because I ran out of time.

The thing is, there is always something more to learn.  Weaving is complex.  It is multi-layered.  And change one thing?  Everything can change.

Time for me to go do something productive.  Not sure what, yet.  But Something.  Who knows, maybe vacuum the studio?  It's been a while.  I don't do it daily or even weekly.  Instead I save it up so that when I do it it becomes a Big Deal.    But I'm not supposed to vacuum at all, so I do it as infrequently as possible.

Time to stop rambling here and ramble off to the studio and figure out what comes next, perhaps?

No comments: