Saturday, July 3, 2021

Plus ca Change...


 

Things change.  Priorities change.  Life changes.  My studio changes.

And so I am in the midst of a re-organization of my studio.  Again.  And may need to do it again later in the summer, because reasons.

I have been steadily working on weaving down my stash but a few home truths have had to be faced.  I don't actually want to weave all of what I have.  But would anyone else want that yarn?  Sigh.

If I could just get rid of one whole category of yarn, that would free up many board feet of shelving, which would give me room to store what I *have* woven.  I'm running out of space.

I also need to decide about keeping some of the equipment I have needed for the years, but really don't much need now.  OTOH, I hate to get rid of stuff that still works and I do still actually use the photocopy machine from time to time.  Not to mention that's a nearly new toner cartridge and they are VERY expensive.  Be nice to actually get some of it used up.  But it needs to be moved because I need the space it currently occupies for something else. 

And so it goes.  Dominoes.  Move one thing and other stuff has to move.  And where does THAT stuff go?  So today my studio is in upheaval and I'm feeling distracted and overwhelmed with it all.

The annex was such a catch all for so many years.  Need more space?  Doug would build another shelving unit for the annex and we'd cram more stuff in there.  Don't have that option now.

The heat here is beginning to lessen, but a lot of people have learned some hard lessons the past few weeks.  Climate change is real and almost beyond fixing.  Some experts are saying the best we can do is mitigate the negative effects on lives.  But it's a big tangled mess and I don't know if we can get some solutions in place before a lot more people die - from heat exhaustion, from wildfires, from flooding, from pandemics.  They appear to be all tied in some way to the change in climate.

Or so it would appear.

In the meantime, this little worker bee will do the best she can to keep going, living a small footprint (knowing full well she is much more privileged than many).  

So much 'interesting' life right now.  The more things change, the more they stay the same?

No comments: