Monday, July 19, 2021

Zoom, Zoom

 


The past three days I had one Zoom meeting on Friday, then one each Saturday and Sunday.  I was also dealing with allergy hang over from the wildfire smoke we have been having on and off.  Generally it takes my body three days to clear an allergic response and after a reduction in smoke (here) over the weekend, I'm feeling a little more functional today.

There are times when I wish I didn't have Big Ideas that turn into Big Projects.  Especially the past few years when I've been dealing with chronic health issues that won't actually ever get much better.  The job now is to work to keep them from getting worse.  The pandemic and the wildfires and the extreme heat are not helping me, and millions of others from living our fullest lives.

However, the internet is here and we are able to reach out to like minded people literally around the world.  Between the Sunday Seminars and my Zoom study groups, I have really enjoyed being able to talk to people in different places.

This week I will be working on the latest Big Project for me while I help another weaver with hers.  Once again I'm back to planning, working out logistics, and...ordering yarn.  Because the Big Project will require sampling yarns that I don't normally work with and I need to understand how they work!

Developing cloth AND classes takes work and with my limited well of energy these days, it will take all of the six weeks or so to do both my research/preparation and weave for my friend.

When I shut down my business and 'retired' from travelling to teach, I did it because I was having more and more health issues that were robbing me of my energy.  The past year I have made a slow but steady recovery in terms of my physical health but it's fragile.  My body has been rode hard, put away wet too frequently, and now I have to work at a much slower pace.

But I still get excited by learning, by exploring, and by sharing my knowledge.  So I am learning to do this at a more measured pace.

Zoom may be the name of the portal, but right now I'm much more tortoise than hare.  And I'm learning to be ok with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember - it's the tortoise who wins the race, not the hare. :) Keep on keeping on!
StephanieW