Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Prepping for the New Year

 


fabric for skirts for a 
local Ukrainian dance troupe

Getting my 2023 calendar in order, realizing how jammed the first week of January is with 3 days of Zoom presentations.  The whole month, really, given everything else going on.

The first Zoom is for School of Sweet Georgia on Jan. 4 on the topic of Form Follows Function.  This is part of the on going series of lectures/seminars that I originally developed for my Olds students during the first year of the pandemic, then realized that others might be interested.  Plus my two new classes will be launched in 2023.

Since then I've begun offering the lectures to guilds as well.  And so on Jan. 5 I'm doing a guild presentation and then on the 7th, a guild 'program' and then later that day, the seminar.

In one week I will do presentations to people via SOS from all over North America (possibly beyond since SOS have students other than just NA), then a group in Washington, and finally in Missouri.

And nary a dark o'clock flight.  Win-win?

Once that is over, I have to prep for the 4 person weaving class that will happen on 4 consecutive Saturdays (with additional support the Sundays following) locally.  There was enough interest that another has been scheduled for Apr/May with 3 people already signed up.

If a guild is interested in my guild program/seminar presentations, they are listed on http://laurafry.com

If anyone is interested in booking me, my schedule is pretty open for 2023.  I can be contacted at

laura at laurafry dot com.

Later today I plan on getting my 2023 calendar pinned to the door where I can easily see it, then set up a planning calendar for 2024.  Not that I probably need to do that anymore, but it's a habit, and a new year habit that helps me be clear on what I need to do, and when.  A clean slate, as it were, full of opportunity and possibility.

For now?  I have a warp to weave.  I won't likely get it off the loom today, but should be able to make a good start on it, making it possible to finish tomorrow morning.  Then wet finish all 8 scarves.  Once they are hemmed, given a final press and I write up my project notes, that is one thing I can put 'complete' on and begin the new year fresh.  Back to using up my stash.  Back to tea towels.  

No comments: