Friday, December 23, 2022

Winter Wonderland

 


After a week of brutal cold, it warmed up last night and started snowing.

White Christmas?  Oh my yes.

Now we try to get the ice on the windows/sashes defrosted.  

I have a long list of things that need doing over the next couple of weeks and little energy or brain power to do any of it.  I am also concerned about the trip to Vancouver mid-January for my next medical appointment down there, given what has been happening weather wise so far this winter.  Thankfully we are driving and have already made plans to take two days to drive down, and two back.  For a one day in Vancouver appointment.  

The joys of living in the 'north'.

However, with 4 students in Jan/Feb, and 3 already signed up for Apr/May, I really need to get my teaching hat dusted off.  Thankfully two looms still have sufficient warp left on them from the class in Feb, 2020 so all I need to do is dress the other two looms.  And one person has offered to help with that.  Hopefully our schedules will align.

I'm trying to get the second scarf for SOS done today/tomorrow.  Weaving on the small loom is becoming more difficult and I'm going to have to decide soon if I can keep weaving on it.  So far weaving plain weave seems to be do-able but I'm not sure for how much longer.  I'm grateful I spent that big chunk of money on the Megado in 2019 because I can still weave on it without too much difficulty.  And right now, I'm still mostly interested in exploring weave structures so having 16 shafts and a computer assisted dobby means I can weave/play with them.

The cold was hard on me.  My body ached and the cold seemed to suck whatever energy I had right out of me.  The problem with the warmer temps is that now it will snow, which means spouse will be dealing with shoving it around.  

I'm content to stay home as much as possible and out of it all.  I have books to read, puzzles to make, and warps to weave.  

That's my 'holiday' sorted!

Sending the best wishes to all for the holiday season.

No comments: