Friday, June 16, 2023

"Chill"

 


Yesterday I got one of the nicest compliments!  The video editor for School of Sweet Georgia said that even though she isn't a weaver she enjoys editing my work because my voice is so 'chill'.  (!)

I do the class(es) extemporaneously because first of all I don't want to be memorizing pages of script, but also because I don't want to sound 'wooden'.  I'm showing a process and I need to be able to make adjustments on the fly so that if something goes 'wrong', or *might* go 'wrong' I want to be able to point out how I'm adjusting the situation I'm demonstrating.  (And yes, there are times when things go pear shaped and I explain on camera what is happening and what needs to be done to fix it.  Because none of us are perfect and knowing how to fix 'mistakes' is a valuable lesson in itself.)

One of the challenges right now is the level of brain fog I'm dealing with and as I viewed the little clip she shared, I knew immediately where I had 'glitched' and was fumbling (mentally) for the word I wanted to use.  But she assured me that only *I* could tell.

I've done several taped classes now, 2 for Handwoven, 4 for SOS (two are launching this year, the next one on July 6), but I thought about the times I've been interviewed and suddenly remembered the time Felicia Lo interviewed me for her 'podcast'.  This was long before she asked me to do classes for School of Sweet Georgia, and I enjoyed her interviewing style very much.  You can still find it if you google Episode 064 Masterful Weaving.  

I have also been interviewed by Syne Mitchell for her WeaveCast.  Syne was also a great interviewer.

Another interview was with Shelagh Rogers of CBC Radio, one year when I was participating in Circle Craft.  I have no idea if that interview is archived anywhere.  But it was a delight being interviewed by such a renowned journalist.

Shaw TV did a short (2 minute) profile of me, which can be found on You Tube.

I'm thinking ahead to the book launch, which will be a Zoom event (check FB for event invite or check back here closer to the day - July 9) although suddenly my calendar has been filled with personal maintenance appointments.  All of them welcome and a relief to finally get them.  And perhaps get some help with the aforementioned brain fog.  

But the editor brought up something that I had never considered before - with my 'chill' voice I should do a podcast.  Hmm.  That sounds like an awful lot of work.

Instead let me just say I am happy to be interviewed should any podcaster be interested in having me and my 'chill' voice on theirs?  :D

No comments: