Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The End...



...is in sight.  I cut the 2nd rep warp off the loom tonight, taped and cut the rest of the 'before' samples and worked out how long a warp needs to go onto the loom to finish weaving the 'after' samples.  

The Leclerc Fanny loom is quite efficient.  I could have woven even a bit closer to the heddles if there had been a little more warp.  I've woven to the point where the apron rod was almost touching the heddles.  But there wasn't enough warp to do one more gang of samples so decided this was The End - of this warp at least.

Tomorrow I'll wind the next - last! - warp and get it into the loom in between fetching all the yarns and fibres from the guild room and storing them at the annex.  Doug will put the van back to rights and we'll get the van stuff back in to the van and off my lr/dr floor.  And then I need to pay some serious attention to cleaning the floors so studio time may 'suffer'.  Being a self employed home based business means that you never truly get away from work and sometimes, well, let's just say that I'll never win the Good Housekeeping Award.

The bad news is that it is going to get worse before it gets better as I approach the assembly stage of the Big Project.  :}  Once the publication is put together I expect to store most of the copies at the annex with just a few here in order to ship orders.  With just 150 copies I'm hoping that they won't take up a huge amount of space.  Even better, that they will sell quickly so that storage won't be required!

In addition to finishing the rep warp, wet finishing and cutting the rest of the samples, writing the text, preparing the sample page text, stapling the samples, getting Staples to run the copies and assembling everything, I also have to do the usual things like balance my ledger and file my sales tax report.  It's going to be a busy 3 weeks....



And for Canadians, someone told me about these:


Shout Colour Catchers are no longer being distributed in Canada but it looks like these are essentially the same sort of product.  I got this package at London Drugs today.  To find a store near you try here.  Thanks to Deb for alerting me to this product.

Today was the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and today it got warm.  In fact the a/c is still running (it's about 11:30 pm as I write this) but the forecast is still saying rain for the next few days.  This is not good as the Fraser River still has not peaked and low lying parts of town are under flood watch.  The good news about all this rain is that the wild fire risk is low.  Win some, lose some.

And no, we aren't personally in any danger of getting wet as our house is well above the flood plain.

Currently reading Black Work by Monica Ferris.  I sort of lost track of this series a few years ago so I'm catching up on the latest titles that I haven't yet read.  I also have a large stack of library books that are tempting me to just sit and read.

No comments: