Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Pandemic Plans

 


Pandemic times means pivoting to other ways of doing things.

One of the things I had done as part of 'retiring' from production weaving was open an on-line account with ko-fi.  As the pandemic ground on my inventory grew, with little opportunity to sell anything since large gatherings - like craft fairs - were cancelled.

Well, the large craft fair I do here has been cancelled again, and rightly so given the rise in the Delta variant.

However, I am trying to add listings to my ko-fi 'shop' and last night added the ones fresh off the press.

They, along with some other towels can be purchased there

Payment is easy via Paypal, or if you are in Canada, etransfer.

If you don't see something you like, email me - I have more.  Lots more!  I'm just trying to keep my listings a manageable size and at times suspend one design as I add others.

I'm actually really pleased with the above design.  There are now 7 of this one, with an additional 4 woven with the plyed 16/2 (not mentioned in my ko-fi listing but available) - a slightly lighter colour, but a bit thicker/sturdier than these with the darker 8/2 weft.

If they don't sell, I might just keep them for myself.  

In the meantime, work on the Next Big Project continues.  This morning I'm fringe twisting the scarf I wove yesterday.  Then a bunch of the woven samples will go into the washing machine to be fulled.  I thought long and hard about how much I could show in a day's worth of taping, and I think just one example of fulling or else there won't be time to talk about anything else.  Instead I will have lots and lots of woven and finished samples to show/discuss.

In many ways I feel like weaving all these samples isn't much different than a farmer honing their scythe.  Preparing to do the work sometimes takes as long as the work.  Longer, even!


No comments: