Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Teenager


stack of towels, hot off the press


One towel, back and front - similar but not the same



 I have a love/hate relationship with technology.   For the past few years I have found work arounds for things that keep getting...improved...to the point of not working.  So I have been taking photos with my iPad, then emailing them to myself so I can save them to the desktop.  Today?  The email app on the iPad is not working.

Now I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing or a one day glitch.  Several websites seemed to be having difficulty over the past few days, so hopefully my email will start working again on my iPad.  If not, I'll have to work on another work around.

I did finally get the photos uploaded to ko-fi so I could list these towels in my shop.  I finally made the effort to get them pressed.  I'm pretty pleased with them, even though the linen is pretty rustic - coarse and stiff with chaff in it.  Having used the yarn previously, I know that with time and use they will improve and become quite nice.  But they will always be a little...rustic.

The yarn is a lower quality tow linen, but it is linen for all that.

There are 16 of the tow linen towels, and right at the top of the stack, 4 woven with a quite good quality of hemp.  Those are already feeling quite nice although they, too, will improve with age/use.  They are not yet listed in my ko-fi account though and when they do, they will be listed for the half linen price.

If you are interested in a half linen towel at cotton pricing, go to my ko-fi website (link to the bottom left of your screen) and click on my Shop.  Just 12 of these lovely teenaged half linen towels.  

They are a bit of a bargain.  :)

Currently reading Looking for the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard.  I'm only a few pages into it and already completely taken by the beauty of her words.

No comments: