Monday, August 9, 2021

Pom Poms of Encouragement

 


I've been having stress dreams again.  This time not related to travel, because I'm not - traveling that is.

Instead the dreams are vague, disturbing concoctions, all jumbled up with covid and climate change.  The two plagues upon us at the minute.

The weather forecast is saying temperatures are going up into the 30s again, which is very bad news for the wildfire situation, although this morning we are having a light rain.  Any little bit of moisture and cooling is welcome.

News out of the south east of the province is not good, nor the middle where the White Rock Lake fire is spreading so fast that people who were evacuated are now under alert and need to find somewhere else to go - along with the communities that took them in.

I try to compartmentalize things so that my worry for friends and citizens of this province doesn't overwhelm me.  I try to focus on the future - a future without covid, a future where we finally deal with the effects of climate change.  A future where it might be possible for people to travel to take classes in person again.  

And if not, at least be able to access information on line.

I continue to plod along with my plans for my own Next Big Project.

But then I dream.  And when I wake up, carefully pack those feelings of unease back into a box in the back of my mind.  

Lately they don't seem to go easily or willingly.

On a more positive note, I found a Power Point I had written a couple of years ago so I don't need to worry about the Zoom study group #10 and I can ignore that until September when it is time to present it.  In the meantime, I have the next sample warp on the loom.  The sample looks good so I'm going to go ahead and weave a scarf, fringe twist it, then wet finish some of the samples I've woven the past week.

Yes, I had lots of samples.  But I didn't have samples of *these* yarns, appropriate for the Next Big Project.  So I bought more yarn and wove some.

And I keep going, looking forward with hope, shaking the pom poms of encouragement to anyone else having stress dreams...

No comments: