Monday, August 30, 2021

August Ending

 


Yesterday I worried away at the filming schedule for the Next Big Project until my brain felt like old porridge.  Not wanting to think anymore, I took the silk warp I'd wound the day before, rough sleyed it, beamed it, then threaded/sleyed/lashed on.

I needed enough concentration to do that job that I didn't have any surface brain left to keep worrying at the schedule, which was exactly what I needed.

The warp was ready to weave on by 4:45 but other than weave the header, I decided I had done enough for the day.

Today I heard back from the team and the information I sent for topic 1 is now in their hands.  I promised to get topic 2 finished up and sent to them later in the week.  I only have one appointment on Thursday, now, so I can focus on honing the second topic.  I know they need time to do their jobs, too.

Of course as I was dropping off to sleep last night I remembered something I had forgotten to include, so will have to add that in - preferably before I forget it again.

I had to go to the lab today to get some blood work done and as part of my trip outside the house I braved one of the larger supermarkets** because it has a clothing department and they appeared (according to their website) to have gotten some new stuff in.  I made a list of four items, found one style of t-shirt (not on my list!) that might do.  I had the choice of precisely one colour that had three shirts in my size on the rack and then I looked for another 15 minutes for a 4th shirt - it didn't have to be the same colour or style but it had to fit the same requirements - solid colour only, no graphics or logo.  Beyond that, a colour that wouldn't make me look like death warmed over (beige, lime green, coral - not!), preferably 100% cotton, no lycra to cling to every contour of my body, long enough to cover me.  To my standard.  And sleeves, preferably short but something.

Eventually I found a dark navy blue shirt which *might* be ok - but I will see what else I have in my closet before I buy more t-shirts.  I have plenty, just not solid colour with no graphics or logo.

No stripes or other things that would cause strobing under the camera, like a small repeating pattern.  So in spite of my finding shirts I would happily wear, I couldn't because of the strobing effects.  And with potentially 3 days of filming for topic two, continuity means I need 3 identical shirts, because we will be filming topic two out of sequence.

This morning I managed to weave about 30" which meant I could roll a couple of lease sticks into the cloth roll to protect the woven web from the large-ish lumps of the knots.  If I don't do that right away, I usually forget.  The distortion will come out, but it's annoying to 'fix' them when putting a couple of lease sticks in to bridge the lumps is so easy.  /*\  

I have quite a bit of this dark royal blue with magenta and not much in the bamboo yarn that would go with it so I dug into one of my other bins for some of the hand dyed semi-solids I got a dyer to do for me.  Found exactly the right shade of blue with a very light degree of change in the colour so I'll likely do both of the scarves on this warp in that blue.  It's a rayon with a little bit of a slub in it and it finishes up nicely.  The scarves should have nice drape.  I'll see what other colours are in that bin for the next warp.

Over the weekend, I downloaded the application for mail-in ballots and that is ready to go.  I will be voting in this election.

**Yes, I was concerned about going into such a large store, but figured mid-afternoon on a Monday wouldn't likely be too terribly busy.  It wasn't.  There was also a large sign at the entrance saying masks inside were mandatory, and I don't think I saw a single person in the store without one.  And all appeared to be wearing them properly - covering both nose *and* mouth.  Which made me feel comfortable enough that I spent a good 20 minutes looking for something there so that I didn't have to go to yet another store!


No comments: