Saturday, March 20, 2021

More Adventures in Zooming

 


Yesterday I got the first two towels woven on the new warp.  I'm actually really happy with them - they are looking pretty much exactly as I'd hoped.  

On the other hand, this morning's Zoom meeting did not go nearly as well.  Out of all the Zoom meetings I have set up, the Saturday study group was set up as a recurring meeting.  I don't know if that was the problem or not, but Zoom wouldn't let anyone else join the meeting.  It wasn't until I left the meeting then came back in that people were able to join in.  I have no idea why, and now I'm nervous about the rest of the Saturday meetings.

I may go into Zoom and cancel the recurring meeting entry and set up the rest of them as individual meetings instead.  None of the rest of my meetings have been an issue.

But it just goes to show - some things turn out, others...do not.

However, the meeting went reasonably well, given I don't know how many other tried and failed to get in and gave up.  The files are being downloaded from Zoom onto my laptop and I'm about to review the recording and then will upload to You Tube.  Unfortunately the studio is chilly and sitting down there without weaving means I've gotten chilled.  I think it is time for a sweater and maybe a cup of tea while I do that.

Hopefully the recording went well and I won't have made too many mistakes in my presentation.  If I have, well, I can correct them in the FB group.

Better get started.  It's going to take a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoom groups that I have been in have had problems with recurring meetings, too. Our group leaders have solved the problem the same way you did - they deleted the recurring meeting and set up a 'new' one each week, with a new e-mail to invite all of us to the meeting. So far, that has worked very well. Your weaving is beautiful. Sometimes I come back to a post just to look at it again.
StephanieW

Laura Fry said...

Thanks for the zoom feedback. After today’s zoom I will deal with the recurring meetings on Saturdays.