Friday, March 5, 2021

Zoom Zoom

 



This morning I completed setting up the Zoom meetings for the study groups I'm running.  I still have to generate the dates for the Sunday Seminars, but I can do those as required.  All the dates are in my pocket diary, and I will double check them on my planning calendar.

I'm working hard to keep track of all of my commitments/deadlines and so far have managed to keep on top of things.

I now have several Power Point presentations developed (the latest is 'resting' before I proof read/edit) and a plan for topics going forward.  I try to leave myself a good month to work through each one.  Making them visually interesting, but not busy.  The presentations are essentially the Coles Notes version with my added commentary/explanation.

It has been challenging, but in a good way.  And the feedback so far has been largely positive, so I'm encouraged to continue.  :)

Based on the material in my book, there will be a total of 12 presentations (if the 12th is necessary - it may not be) and they run about 90 to 120 minutes.  Depending on how many questions folk have when I'm done.

So far I have done three guild presentations of varying lengths.  I think the 3 hour one that consisted of two of the topics was a bit too long.  People were feeling overwhelmed after the first one, but again, I taped it and it is on line for the participants to review at their leisure.  I have bookings for two more guilds in the autumn.  I need to get those on my planning calendar, too.

While I didn't get any weaving or studio work done this morning, I've just spent an hour generating the last of the study group Zoom meetings, carefully checking and double checking I had the correct info, then going back to edit when I spotted errors.   Then adding them to the group FB page, again carefully checking for errors.  Even though both Zoom and FB have made these things fairly simple, I cannot overlook the operator error factor!

This Sunday is the next in the Sunday Seminars - Deborah Chandler talking about textiles in Guatemala.  Once that is over the seminar with Stefan Mo:berg in June will go live for registration.  Deborah Robson and Winnie Nelon are already open.   I even have one booked for 2022 and am mulling over others I would like to book.  But with vaccinations starting to happen, covid restrictions may soon be over so I don't want to get too far ahead of myself and find that we don't get sufficient registration to pay for the speaker (and a small profit for the guild to help pay our room rent.)

It's lunch time now.  I think I will have lunch, then see if I can get two towels woven yet today.  If I do, I can do two more tomorrow, cut off, wet finish the first 8, then there will be hemming in the evenings again.  I can alternate between hemming and spinning.  

Currently reading Walking Shadows by Faye Kellerman


No comments: