Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Slow

 


At times it feels like I never actually *finish* anything.

So it was today when I did finally cut the 'last' silk scarf warp off the Leclerc and carried the 'last' two scarves up to the dr table and add them to the heap of scarves to be fringe twisted.

It may not look like much, but there are a bunch of scarves that are 'next' in line and some over the back of the chair at the end of the table which have actually gotten done, little by little.

My wrists aren't much liking fringe twisting these days so I can't just power through the stack.  Nor my neck.  Or my back.  Et bloody cetera.

But I'm also 'retired' (for certain values of) and really if these don't get done in time for the guild booth at the big craft fair?  They'll be done for the guild sale that follows.  

Plus my new press is supposed to arrive on Nov. 5 which just happens to be the first day of the craft fair.  So if it comes early enough there is the possibility that I could get a few done in time to be delivered to the booth on day 2.  Or I could use the old one as soon as I have a load of scarves ready - and hope it keeps working.  Something I'm not really wanting to test.

We will see.

In the meantime the weather continues to morph into full autumn.  Today we have a rare taste of sun with lots of dark clouds in the other half of the sky.  And the wind is gusting.  There are almost no deciduous leaves left on the trees and what few are, are looking pretty dull and tired.  Winter is not so far away.

As usual my dr table is cluttered with stuff.  With the pandemic, it seems like boxes of masks and wipes have found a home there, along with a big bag of Hallowe'en treats.  Doug is making a door 'cover' to dispense the treats again this year.  Last year it was quite chilly out and it really helped to have the plastic sheeting up, preventing the cold air from coming into the house every time he opened the door.

So he's tweaked it and will install one again this year.  The kids all seemed to find the mode of delivery intriguing.  :D

I know we are all sick of the pandemic, tired of the restrictions, and longing for more social interaction with friends and family.  We just need to be a little more patient.  If we all do the right thing, we will get through this.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your wrists bother you with fringe twisting, try a battery fringe twister again. After twisting a scarf's worth of fringes you will have the hang of doing it ergonomically and quickly. It has saved my wrists and fingers. Really is better than the mechanical fringe twisters.
Stephanie S.

Laura Fry said...

Thanks. I know a lot of people really like them.