Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Onwards

 


True to form, life continues along it's roller coaster like path.

Today we have no rain but the temps are more 'seasonal' instead of August level hot.  It's lovely to see the blue sky after the dark dreariness of yesterday, except I haven't checked the various websites to see how 'bad' the smoke is around here.  I know it's still bad in Alberta and will remain so for the coming months.

I'm taking a bit of a break after the marathon editing done yesterday and dealing with a few distractions, but I did just now finish towel #2 on the current warp.

Overall it seems to be weaving up nicely and - fingers crossed - I won't find a lot of skips on the 'back' of the cloth - which in reality is meant to be the front of the cloth.

As I wait to talk to my doctor, I've pretty much talked myself into having the back surgery - if I can get an appointment with a surgeon and *if* they think I'm a good candidate and *if* they can fit me in sometime soon.  No guarantees the way things are going with the health care system.  But I'm tired of the downward trajectory of my quality of life.  As the doctor in Vancouver said, I 'present' healthy.  I'd like to believe that I still have some productive living ahead of me given my mom lived to 90.  

In the meantime I have made a few decisions about the next book and am about to contact someone about co-hosting the book launch.  It's kind of like being a teenager all over again - if I throw a party, will anyone come?

Ah well.  I won't know until I try, right?  

No comments: