Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shattered



See that rent in the curtain?  It's not supposed to be there.  It just appeared the other day, sparking the thought that I really need to weave some more fabric to  make new curtains.

These curtains are old - I bought the fabric in 1974, just before we decided to move from our old house to this one and wound up using the fabric to make curtains for the 'office' a while back.

We have handwoven curtains/drapes in several rooms in the house.  Guess it's time for one more?

Now to decide what to do....and when!  Deadlines are looming and I've really got a lot of work to get done in the next 6 weeks.  Starting in mid September, I start travelling again.  Seattle Weavers Guild program on Sept. 15, workshop in Texas the following weekend, sales events.  I'm hoping that if no one messes with the curtains they will last another 6 months.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A stitch in time.... :-)

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Looks like you got your money's worth out of those curtains! Maybe a piece of masking tape, or an iron-on patch or a few quick basting stitches will keep it from spreading. I wanted to make curtains for our cabin, but was worried about sun damage. Lining them would certainly help slow it down. (My verification word is corrks - it's going to be a good day!)