Friday, July 13, 2012

Tour de France


The warp is more green in real life - this photo looks very blue

The other day I did something I've never done before - sat and watched the Tour de France with some friends.

The show had an interesting graphic that showed the elevations of the route for the day and I thought about how life could be expressed in much the same sort of graphic.

The deadlines we set ourselves would be the summits and our progress could be charted as we slog along to meet those deadlines, sometimes feeling like it is uphill all the way - then when the summit (deadline) is reached there is a short period of freewheeling until the next deadline rears its head and the slog begins all over again.  :}

With enough copies of A Good Yarn ready for sale I've been working on other things - paperwork stacked up needing attention on my desk for one and getting back to scarf production.  There is enough yarn left for 7 or 8 more warps and I got one on this afternoon and wove the first scarf.

The sewing is all done and there are 3 more samples to be stapled.  I'm hoping to assemble the rest of the 75 packets Monday or Tuesday and then move everything up to the annex for storage.  I want to put this project to bed (so to speak) before my student arrives on the 30th.  I'd also like to have all the scarf warps woven before she comes, but for that we'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime I'll continue to sit at the loom and work towards the next summit/deadline.

Currently reading Willful Behavior by Donna Leon

3 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Life as a bar chart. Yup. It fits.

Debi said...

Laura,mow do I order, A Good Yarn?

Laura Fry said...

It is now listed at
http://laurafry.artfire.com
cheers,
Laura