Thursday, July 12, 2012

Surprise!


Magazines have a long lead time - 3 to 9 months is not uncommon.  So I'll send an article off and then promptly forget about it as more immediate deadlines and current projects take up my brain power.

Getting an envelope with comp copies of Fibre Focus (the magazine of the Ontario Handweavers Guild) in the mail today was a surprise but a bigger surprise awaited me inside.  Not only had they given my work the front cover ---- they put another of my pieces on the back!

I've had front covers before but this is a first for the back, too.

A nice birthday week present.  :)

For more info on the Ontario Handweavers Guild

Currently reading - and enjoying the peeks into the textile industry near Leeds in the 1920's - Dying in the Wool by Frances Brody


4 comments:

Syne said...

Huzzah and congrats!

Anonymous said...

So great, Laura!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

A well deserved feather in your cap! Huzzah indeed!

Sandra Rude said...

A happy birthday, indeed! Congratulations are in order.