Thursday, September 9, 2021

Moody Skies

 



This is the first week of school for kids and the weather is reminding us that time marches on.

Yesterday it was cloudy and cool, and even rained lightly for a bit.  Today looks like more of the same with big clouds in the sky.  Whether or not they bring rain is to be determined, but it is cool (currently 14C) with the sun poking through the thick clouds from time to time.  Leaves on the trees are beginning to turn and it is now fully dark by around 8:30 pm or so.  

This week I have a number of personal maintenance things happening.  Yesterday I had a filling replaced.  I told Doug the filling might have been older than our dentist.  I only exaggerated a little bit.  But being stood on my head for an hour has left me feeling off and in pain.  My body doesn't like sharp pointy things banging away in my jaw and my neck and shoulder are protesting.  It just so happened that I could get appointments today with both my massage therapist and chiropractor.  I'm hoping they can calm my neck/shoulder/back down.

Yesterday, not feeling like weaving, I managed to finish crunching the numbers for the next ghost weaving.  Once I got everything clear in my mind I was able to make up a 'cheat sheet' which will allow me to wind the warp.  But first I have to finish weaving off the silk scarf on the Leclerc.  Which I may not feel up to doing after all the maintenance.  However, I will see how I feel.

I'm also waiting for a phone call from my doctor.  I'm hoping he has the CT scan results and will have a referral to the pain clinic ready for me.  I told him I just want to be able to function.

In the meantime, covid continues to do what a virus will do - grow, mutate, claim lives.  The good news is that the vaccine is doing the job it is supposed to do.  Which means the majority of people severely ill in hospital (and dying) are mainly the partially or unvaccinated, not the vaccinated.   The best reason *I* can think of to get vaccinated.  The province continues to urge people who are hesitant to get the vaccine if they can.  

But all of that means I worry about getting to Vancouver next month.  We will drive, and will stop only for take out food and eat in the van.  And bring lots of masks with us, because we are still wearing masks when we go out.  And will continue until the case numbers go down - waaaaay down - from where they are currently.

So the September moody skies are very much a reflection of where I am, right now.  

However, I have deadlines.  I have obligations.  I can stay home while Doug does the majority of the outside errands.  My studio continues to be my 'happy' place.  And after this month my Zoom deadlines will begin reducing.   While I have enjoyed them, I also find them tiring.  However, getting off my previous pain medication means the brain fog I was living with has pretty much gone, so that, at least, is a positive.  I'll take them where I can get them.


No comments: