Saturday, October 8, 2022

Little by Little

 


I intended to jump on the loom this morning and start weaving.  I've been *not* weaving for far too long - for my mental health and my physical health.

But.

While I did get about half of the hemmed towels pressed yesterday, there were still some left to be done.  And all they needed was their final, finishing, press.  And then I could tick them off as 'done' done with just their tags needing doing.  And we tend to do the tagging in batches and I've been adding to *that* pile over the summer.   They will need to be tagged soon, but honestly?  I still have loads of tea towel inventory and there is absolutely no rush to get these ready for sale.

I will likely start adding them to my ko-fi store next week and refresh my offerings there with some of my new work.  But I'll decide that tomorrow.

In the meantime, the towels ready for their final press are done and as soon as they finish drying they can be neatly folded and put on the shelf for when ever they get tagged.

Some of these blue and white ones will be used as gifts, too, so it's good to get them finished.  One person who will be receiving two of the blue/white towels has a birthday coming up in about 3 weeks, so they are ready to be packaged up and given to her.  :)  Two more will get popped into the mail soonish.  Two more may go to a third person.  

But the big thing is, the decks are now cleared (for a while - I have 2.5 bins with more waiting for hemming) and after lunch I can head to the loom feeling like I made actual visible progress today.  Once we get the van unloaded (yes, it's still got a bunch of studio stuff in it!) I will feel like I'm back to 'normal'.  Or as 'normal' as it gets around here.

I also ordered a book I've been trying to find for several months.  I had a bit of a windfall over the summer selling tea towels at guild pop-up sales events.  Decided I would pay the much higher than I would have liked price to get a book I am hoping will provide me with some information on textile history I have been looking for.  Money for knowledge is never wasted.

No comments: