Saturday, October 15, 2022

Tsunami

 


Such great plans I had for when I got home.  Such lovely plans.  Goals all identified and a plan to achieve them.

Unfortunately the universe (or whatever) decided I needed to deal with other stuff.

Stuff I had been largely ignoring.  

Plus personal maintenance that needs doing - like dental, like flu/covid vaccines (sooner than expected, thankyouverymuch), like just day to day stuff that I've been studiously ignoring for far too long while I coped with elevated pain and painkiller levels.

Fortunately I do feel 'better' now the brain fog has been significantly reduced, but still.

They were such lovely plans.

So I have been forced to stop.  Take a breath.  Think.  Prioritize.  I'm not at the end of my list - yet - but making some headway.

Yesterday I finished the last of one of the linen yarns I wanted to use up, changed my mind about the next yarn I had planned to use and pivoted to something else - which also needs to be used up, so it's all good.

The cotton and linen plyed slub will get used on the next warp where it will look much better than on this nice pale grey/blue.  I realized that the beige linen/white cotton marl was just going to make the blue/grey look 'dirty' so it will be woven on a natural white 2/16 cotton warp instead.  And then I'll use the lime green 2 ply linen to make towels for a friend who adores lime green.  :)  And then those two tubes will also be used up.

Once those are done, I'll begin on the 2/20 mercerized cotton in earnest.

In the meantime I also dressed the Leclerc Fanny with a rayon chenille warp.  While my pain levels are reduced, I'll try weaving on that loom and see how much of that I can tolerate.  

If I don't try, I won't know my limits.  

The injection appears to have taken full effect now, and I'm hoping/counting on two full months of relief before it starts tailing off.  My next appointment is already booked, even though it means a drive to Vancouver in the winter.  We'll take two days to drive down, two to drive home.  In January we would be leaving in the dark and arriving in the dark because we only get around 9 hours of daylight that time of year.  Plus you never know what the weather is going to throw at you and the condition of the roads.

We are being lulled by a very mild autumn.  It may come at the expense of a very nasty winter.  Only time will tell.

But for now, I will continue picking away at the things I've ignored for too long, deal with looming deadlines (of all descriptions) and work on stash reduction.

And try not to feel like I've been hit by a tsunami of tasks that need to be done *now* and cannot be pushed off until later any longer.

No comments: