Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Curve Ball

 


If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.  Right?

Well, I ordered a box of padded envelopes from Staples on July 13, expecting them to arrive today.

They did not.

Instead of filling envelopes and processing the rest of the orders and getting them to the post office as quickly as I can...I cannot.

I tried tracking the order on the Staples website and couldn't get anywhere, so on the way home from an appointment I stopped at the local Staples store and asked for help finding out what was happening.

Had I received the email confirming the order had been shipped?

No, I had not.  All I had was the order confirmation I received on the 13th that they had received the order.

A nice young man went into the back room to try and find out what was going on but couldn't find out anything so he gave me the 800 number so I could talk to someone regarding the website order.

When I got home I double checked to see if the billing to my credit card had gone through.  It had not.  Apparently somehow my order had gotten 'stuck' in their system and it was in limbo.

I waited on hold until someone could talk to me and got another nice young(?) man who took my information, got the details, apologized for putting me on hold again, but was back in very short order to say that the order was logged as still being processed so he had put a request in to fill that order and to expedite it.

He said I should receive a confirmation email, probably tomorrow, and that the order should come very quickly as he'd marked it to be expedited.  I thanked him and headed off to the loom to begin threading.  If I couldn't pack books, I could at least thread.

At shortly after 5 pm an email dropped into my inbox with the news that the order was shipped.  I don't believe that it will arrive on the 18th (because that's nearly over!) but hopefully it will arrive tomorrow at some point.

In the meantime I have a box of homework to mark and that will be my priority tomorrow morning.  If I can't package up books, I can mark homework.

Something about lemons and lemonade comes to mind.  

Can't think why...

No comments: