Thursday, July 20, 2023

Marketing - it's a 'thing'

 


This week turned into a very special 'roller coaster'.  I had plans.  Boy, howdy, did I have plans!  It almost felt like the 'good old days' when I had deadlines up the yin-yang and energy to burn in order to meet them.

The universe served up a big old plate of 'learn patience'.  

It appears the knots have been untied - or cut through a la Gordian knot - and things appear to be getting back on track today.  Or at least, by end of day.

Now that the book is written and exists in the 'wild', it's my job to get the news of its existence out into the world.  That's one of the things you need to do as a self-published author - get it into the hands of readers!

This morning I woke up with a massive headache (yes, the smoke is less, but there has been far too much of it, and I'm allergic) and while trying to get my morning coffee into me, Digits and Threads sent their newsletter with a nice surprise.  

The review by Michelle Boyd is open access, so if you know anyone who might be interested but may not know about Stories from the Matrix yet, here's the link.

The 'extra' books I ordered arrived yesterday and one will be going to Handwoven, potentially (hopefully!) for them to post a review.

The envelopes are supposed to be arriving today at some point, with a nice letter from Staples with an acknowledgment that they dropped the ball and hope I wasn't inconvenienced too much.  Well, I was, but I wasn't.  My fault for waiting so long to actually look to see how many padded envelopes of the correct size I had.  Their website glitching was annoying but all it did was cause me to exercise my little bit of patience while they sorted it out.  And I must say, their customer support was pleasant and accommodating.

This week just seemed to keep on giving with the patience lessons, but we are nearly done the week and progress has been made.  

Given I'm still waiting on the envelopes, I've decided to continue the pre-publication offer until midnight (Pacific zone) tonight.  At midnight tonight the ki-fi listing for the pre-pub offer will poof away, I will fill the orders I have in hand, set aside the copies I need for marketing/promotion/gifts and whatever is left will be listed on ko-fi  - signed only.  (If you *want* a signed copy, the only place they can be found is directly from me.)

If anyone is interested in buying a signed copy with a free tea towel, to boot, go to my ko-fo shop and use the pre-pub link to purchase before midnight tonight, July 20, 2023.  

It will be cheaper for someone to go to blurb and purchase a book there (they have better shipping rates than I can provide) or even cheaper, buy the pdf and get the book instantly.

Next week is supposed to be 'quiet'.  We'll see how that turns out.  

No comments: