Friday, July 28, 2023

Flexibility




I thought this week would be 'better' - as in, I would make my plans and then proceed to successfully complete my to-do list.

Um, nope.

I mean, I did get some things done, but once again it seems it is curve ball time, lemonade making time.

Sometimes the disrupted plans are not actually negative, like today.  Today was supposed to be a weaving day after yesterday disappeared in a wave of side stepping, back tracking and generally mildly frustrating day.

Doug has been spending a lot of time the past few weeks trying to find tradespeople to do small jobs that are needed to be done and generally meeting with delays of one sort or another.  But he had been making progress, getting onto lists for call backs, so we were hopeful that the maintenance on the house would get done - at some point.

And then the phone rang late yesterday afternoon.  One of the tradespeople had had their job for today cancelled, could he do us?

Yes!  Please!

It just so happens that the smoke level is low and having both doors open isn't going to cause issues, it's not terribly hot, just pleasantly warm, and it isn't supposed to storm.  Which makes getting this fiddly painting job the perfect thing to happen today and tomorrow.

But Doug has appointments, and that means I have to stay upstairs, not head for the loom with my hearing protection on.

However, the next writing project is just far enough along that I can sit in my recliner with a highlighter and go through the printed out pages one more time, sifting for typos and grammar issues.  And then correct the file on the desktop.   And then re-name all the files to reflect the new project title.  And then save all those files to a thumb drive so I can find them more easily than the document file on my desktop.  (Why yes, I do have hundreds of document files - don't you?)

I'm tired of lemonade, so this time it will be lemon meringue pie.  (Virtual)   

And I should be able to get to the loom this afternoon when Doug is back again.  

Fingers crossed.
 

No comments: