Saturday, July 8, 2023

Launch Day (tomorrow!)

 


Well, it's been a trip, as they say!

When you do stuff, it seems like there is always something more to learn, but tomorrow is finally The Day.  Book Launch Day.  My birthday.  :)

I had to think long and hard about doing a pre-publication offering, and I decided I would because who doesn't love a 'special' offer?  But that closed on July 4 and now I wait for the books to arrive next week.  In the meantime, people who contacted me about the pre-pub offer can now go to my ko-fi store and pay.  

For people outside of North America, I recommend buying from the website.  Blurb.com has printing facilities in Europe and other locations so people don't have to pay for international shipping if they order directly.  The pre-pub offer was just for those people who really wanted a signed copy.  As soon as the books arrive, I will get them signed and begin shipping them out, as quickly as I can.

In the meantime, I went ahead and hit the button to make the listing 'live' this morning where people can purchase the softcover book or a pdf (or both?).  Honestly, people who order from blurb will likely get their books faster than ordering from me.  Because they have to come from the US eastern seaboard, all the way to the west side of the continent and then back out to...wherever.  

Someone asked me if blurb was a 'vanity' press and it isn't, really.  It's a print on demand service that also manages sales for the people who use the site.  For me it's been great, especially as I slowly 'retire'.

When I launched The Intentional Weaver I had about 250 pre-pub orders, with just 30 for this one.  And that's fine.  Dealing with mailing out 250 books was an enormous undertaking and we are grateful to those 30 who indicated an interest, but also that it is 'only' 30 books.  ;)

I ordered more than 30 because I still have folk I want to give a complimentary copy to for reasons, and the next price break was just a few more copies.  So I will likely have some copies left once the initial orders and gifts are taken care of.  I will list those on ko-fi once I know how many there are.

But ordering from me will be more expensive than ordering via blurb directly because of the shipping costs.  International postage to the US has shot up and it is no longer cheaper to mail to Florida than Nova Scotia.

The blurb website now defaults to US prices, so if you are Canadian, click on the Canadian flag (on my desktop, upper right corner of the screen).  If you are in a different country, check for your flag for appropriate pricing/shipping.

Today I will choose which essays I will read tomorrow and select some show and tell.  The Zoom launch will be recorded and uploaded to my You Tube channel.  And feel free to come with questions.  This will also be an 'ask me anything' opportunity.  :)

I know not everyone will agree with everything I have to say about weaving.  Change one thing, and everything can change.  But what I *hope* is that people will think more deeply about the craft, about what is happening when they take threads and weave them together - whatever, however, they do it.  

Here is the Zoom meeting link:  

Topic: Stories from the Matrix (Ask me anything)
Time: Jul 9, 2023 12:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82416979306?pwd=dlFVTy9LYnViKzhnU3ZOVlJ5dk9ZUT09

Meeting ID: 824 1697 9306
Passcode: 030247




No comments: