Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Tick Tock

 


Now counting down the minutes until the books arrive.  Hopefully the envelopes will arrive today, too, but so far, no news on that.

While I'm waiting I will be marking the latest box of homework from Olds.  I can do that upstairs and keep an eye out for the delivery person.

Marketing efforts continue.

When I published Magic and then The Intentional Weaver, each took years to conceive and create.  Stories took months, only, and I no longer belong to a lot of weaving groups online.  It's going to take more effort on my part to get the word out.

For those people who noticed what I was doing, got a copy and like what I did, you can help by reviewing it for your guild newsletter - if you belong to one and they have a newsletter.  Or tell your friends.  :)  If you belong to an online group, you can share the link with them.  The book is available in soft cover or pdf.  

The smoke is 'better' today than it has been but it's still not great so I continue to wear a mask when I leave the house.  This afternoon I'm booked to meet with the vice-chair and we'll take a look at the big Leclerc loom, see if we can figure out what it will take to get it running again.  Plus I'll get her to help me cut the yardage for the loom aprons.  Then I can bring them home and get them sewn.

*After* the books are dealt with.  Right now my work table is full of books and like I told Doug, I'm not about to move them from table to...where?...and then back again just so I can do a couple of small jobs which can just as easily wait until the books are done.  If the envelopes arrive today, that could be as soon as tomorrow.  The first 50 mailing labels are already written and it won't take long to do the rest.  I just need the space to write them out, sign the books and then package them up.

Right now I seem to have a schedule of one really really busy week, then a quiet one.  So far it's working for me and I'm managing - just - to stay on top of things.

This morning the Looking at Lace class at School of Sweet Georgia went 'live'.  Click on the link to join us if you aren't already a member.  And do ask questions on the forum.

My patience is being tested today, and as usual, found lacking.  Time to at least start the marking.  Maybe when I'm not looking the delivery person will arrive.  

No comments: