Thursday, April 13, 2023

Life Got Busy

 


Instead of a week with only one trip out of the house it has turned into a string of trips out of the house, which means my plans for this week got tossed, like a salad.

However I DID manage to finally get the next warp weaving and wove one towel before lunch.  I also found the draft I wanted for the 'last' essay, carefully saved - to the thumb drive instead of my desktop.  Oh well, I don't have to reconstruct that one, at least.

Today I will begin setting up the loom for the beginning weaving class that starts April 29 and which will run for 4 Saturdays.

At the executive meeting I was asked to run a 'beyond beginners' class and after we discussed it decided the best approach would be to do it on two consecutive Saturdays, likely in late September.  I'd like to have it done before Thanksgiving, because after that we start getting busy with our sales events.

To that end I discovered that I had not, after all, tossed ALL of my workshop binders, but kept one which will be perfect for a beyond beginners class.  All I have to do now is completely re-format the workshop handouts.  Which I pretty much did every time I taught the class anyway, so not a big deal.

If I get done at the guild early enough I'd like to finish the last essay so that I can send it off to my alpha reader/editor and then go through and re-name the files to more accurately reflect the content and once that is done, copy all the files to a thumb drive to hand to my editor for a final copy edit, then format, then give her time to figure out how the blurb website works in order to upload the file and create the two formats - pdf and paperback.

Next week is full of appointments - in fact the rest of the month has numerous obligations so it's important I get started on the warps *now*, not assume I will have the spoons over the next couple of weeks.  I am also signed up for a spinning workshop and yesterday I got the wheel running, so now I need to spend some time at it and practice.  I am so *out* of practice!  

Anyway, thank you to the people who responded to my question in the last post.  The essay on the development of the above technique is nearly done.  At some point I have to say 'enough' even though I can see other things I want to do to this series.  It won't be over just because I stop writing.  Because you know what they say - a writer doesn't finish writing a book, they simply stop writing the book...

No comments: