Saturday, May 8, 2021

Another Beginning

 


Yesterday I finished the blue warp, cut/serged the towels and ran them through the washer and dryer.  Today I'll press and add to the  hemming pile.  Once that is done and out of the way it will be time to set up the spool rack again, this time with a beige warp.  

What I have left in my yarn stash (2/8 cotton) are blues and beiges.  I'll be alternating between the two until I finally use up the flake yarn.  Then blue for the cotton boucle because I have several tubes of a royal blue.  Or not.  My blues are mostly greyed blues and the boucle is a pretty pure royal blue.  But neither can I use that on beige, so...

On the other hand, there is nearly 4 pounds of white boucle, so there is also that to be used and it can go on either.

My goal today is to get the pressing done, then beam the next warp.  It's also not raining today and it has been warming up such that walking should be attractive.  I walked up the hill to the cancer clinic yesterday and did better than anticipated, given how little I've been getting out of the house over the winter.  But it felt good to make it to the top and only be a little winded, which gives me incentive to keep going, see if I can reclaim more of the physical fitness I lost over the past couple of years.

And that's the thing, really.  You can always begin again, from where ever you currently are.

My massage therapist assures me that my body is healing, improving, just a lot more slowly than I might wish.

If I can keep beginning from the beginning when it comes to weaving?  I can begin again in terms of trying to improve my physical fitness.  

What's that meme I've seen floating around?  Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: